Tuesday 7 October 2008

Fight Face

I went to see Fight Face last week at the lyric and i have to say, i didn't think that much of it. The concept was an interesting one; the comings and goings of a London kebab house with over 10 characters played by just 2 people. Unfortunately the magnitude of the project appeared to be too much for the female actress particularly, which also got me thinking, is the state of drama today that a concept is put above a well acted piece of work? I will be thinking about this when i produce my next piece of work.

1 comment:

Mark Griffin said...

Well done for getting up and running and for warning me off this show. It's an interesting point that maybe 'cutting edge' theatre is being defined in terms of originality of concept rather than whether the acting communicates on a personal level. Ideas rather than the revelation of human behaviour through great acting?

Mark